Report on Gram Sabha held at Nattarasanpattu village
Venue: Govt. Higher Secondary School
Based on the recent announcement from Government of Tamil Nadu, Gram Sabha was held at Nattarasanpattu village which is adopted under UBA SRMIST. The gram Sabha was presided over by the newly elected panchayat president, village administrative officials and the UBA SRMIST village coordinator/representative.
During the Gram Sabha the following initiatives taken up by the UBA SRMIST towards the welfare and development of the village have been emphasized:
· A survey on village population, toilets count, availability of drinking water taps, common tanks and sumps available, number of water resources, transport and medical facilities. The report was collected from the village administrative officer and submitted to Nodal officer Dr.V.Thirumurugan.
· A biogas plant for a house hold to utilize the waste to convert to cooking was given to a beneficiary in Nattarasanpattu village
· A plastic waste awareness campaign was organized with the students of Higher Secondary School students
· The school premises (both primary and high school) were cleaned, painted and re-wiring was done
· A free education seat as a part of Paarivendhar Free Education Trust was allotted to the village student Ms. Sangeetha based on the merit list who is studying B. Com at SRM Arts and Science College, Kattankulathur
· A vermicompost pit facility is being laid for the organic fertilizer distribution to the farmers
· A massive tree palm tree plantation drive was conducted on the banks of Kalivandhapattu lake (about 10000 seeds were sown on a single day)
· A medical camp was organized for the elderly people and tablets were provided from the SRM Medical College, Kattankulathur
· An Entrepreneurship awareness campaign (Areca Plate manufacturing and Spirulina ) was organized to benefit the women of Nattarasanpattu village
· A cement rim dustbin were provided to the village for pilling the wastes from the streets and enable the waste collector to collect the waste at a single point
· A village visit was organized with the students of SRMIST to emphasize the “Swacchata Hi Seva” in which we conducted door to door survey, given training for school children about the WHO hand wash techniques, tree plantation and women health hygiene survey.
· As a part of COVID 19 relief campaign, SRMIST provided free ration to 300 households of Nattarsanpattu village in May, 2020.
Our regular village development includes:
· Combating air pollution through plantation of high CO2 absorbing tree saplings in the campus
· Waste recycling and energy conservation
· Water conservation
· Forest conservation
· Cleanliness drive in campus/hostels in specific towards COVID related wastes
· Personal hygiene
· Single use plastic reduction
· Education and job creation
· Skill development
We took pledge during this Gram Sabha that SRMIST, being the Higher Education Institution (HEI) thrive to create such awareness among the people in a more systematic and effective way by adoption of best practices to make the country clean and self-sufficient.
All the details are noted down and entered in panchayat record.
Share to All