Grand opportunity for all students!
Smart e-Hackathon on
“Sustainable Rural Development - 2021” (SH-SRD 2021)
National Level Virtual Hackathon
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan - SRM Institute of Science and Technology
In association with
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan Regional Coordinating Institute - IIT Madras
About SH-SRD 2021:
The Smart e – Hackathon on “Sustainable Rural Development - 2021” (SH-SRD 2021) is fully online mode of student level innovative ideas challenge for the sustainable rural development of our nation, which is organized by UBA-SRMIST in association with UBA-Regional Coordinating Institute - IIT Madras.
UBA-SRMIST welcomes entries on innovative ideas and solutions with a potential to bring about societal benefits in the rural parts of India across the following
• Renewable Energy- Affordable solar cooker for rural households
• Water Management -Cost-effective wastewater treatment for rural areas
• Waste Management-Smart Agri-tech solutions for stubble management
Participants: Entries are welcome from any students of UBA partnered HEIs having an innovative idea and solutions to enhance sustainable rural development. The maximum number of team members is five and it preferably including one female student.
How to participate: Interested participants are required to submit their entries at the below
All the entries will be screened, and top 50 entries will be selected for the first round and the best 10 entries will be considered for the next round.
Last date to submit entries: July 20, 2021
• Top 50 entrants will receive an appreciation certificate
• Top 10 entrants will make it to the second round of the competition. They will get to a virtual visit
to present their ideas in front of leading experts, and leverage an opportunity to network with a community of entrepreneurs, investors, state government, and other potential technology takers
• Top 3 entrants selected by an eminent jury in the second round will win attractive prizes (First, Second and third prizes).